Utility attempt #2

Attempt #2 and another NQ.  I'm still thrilled at how much fun he is having in the ring!  I think Lance did a bit better yesterday even though we were closer to qualifying today.  Video:


Signals-
Forgier than yesterday.  Took a step after I left him on the stand but other than that he did great. 

Articles
The pile was in the middle today so no looking at the open ring and no extra jumps!  The first send was great and Lance confidently brought me back the right one.  The 2nd send he doubted himself and mouthed a wrong one the few times before deciding on the correct one.  But once again he brought them both back without stopping and looking me for reassurance!

Glove
#1 again.  Nice job but he mouthed the glove as he sat in front of me.  Lance almost never mouths objects in practice so this surprised me.

Moving Stand
Again Lance moved as I left him and a little bit again during the exam.  I would chalk it up to the extroidinary amount of pressure the judge was putting on all the teams during this exercise but since Lance did it yesterday and during our grad open runs I don't think that's the case.

Directed Jumping- NQ
Again Lance went to left corner of the ring but at least this time he didn't start to curl back to me and we were given the closest jump.  The 2nd time he went to the same spot and then took the same jump.  I had just started practicing off centered jumping in practice but haven't done enough of it I guess. 

Amy / Layla the Malamute  – ( September 25, 2011 at 2:34 PM )  

Sounds like a very successful time! Congrats!

I wrote notes from my lesson so when I get home I'll copy exactly what to do for those recall games. I remember a ton of people playing that game, so I guess she's just extra picky or something.

Lynnda L in Mpls  – ( September 26, 2011 at 12:57 AM )  

Darn that glove #1 -- it is the exercise right before the Go Out for Directed Jumping. You've got a great working dog there. [Who likes to be in the forged position.... possibly all the better to keep eye contact with you.]

Dawn  – ( September 26, 2011 at 7:45 AM )  

I am so impressed with how good he looked. You and Lance are a great team. Congrats on so much success! Q's will come.

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! If the link to Post a Comment is not working, click where it lists "X Comments" at the bottom of the post, right after the date field.

Thanks for reading my blog! Please Subscribe by Email!

Contact Me!

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.- Roger Caras

Email: lkwaudby (at) gmail.com

Online Private Training: laurawaudby.com


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP   

href="http://laurawaudby.blogspot.com"/blog/feed/" onclick="pageTracker._trackPageview('/feed/');"